Rome wasn't built in a day, but one thing
you can be sure of, it wasn't built during the night either.
This WEB page is about the different aspects of shiftwork. It is intended for the shiftworker or anyone wanting to know more about shiftwork or why their shiftworking spouse, friend or neighbour, look, feel and act the way they do.
This web page is divided in several rooms. Feel free to wander around.
1. The HISTORY Room - a short history of
2. The CIRCADIAN RHYTHM Room - what tune is this trying to play anyway?
3. The SLEEP Room - the stages of sleep. (zzzzzzzzzz)
4. The SCHEDULING Room - a look at different work schedules.
5. The EFFECTS of Shift Work and some STRATEGIES Room .
- the health problems associated with shiftwork and some ways to cope.
6. The DOLPHIN Room - you must be wondering about this one!!
7. The BREAK Room - you must be tired by now. You need a break!
(Links to Newspapers, Magazines and much more).
8. The "LINKS" Room - links to other pages about shiftwork and sleep.
9. About the author - that's me.
Shiftworker Online Newsletter - Past Issues
This website was last updated - August 17,